Cooker crud

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rag1

Executive Chef
I cleaned the cooker up yesterday and, as always, was amazed at the layer of black scale that forms in the cook chamber. What is that stuff....dried grease, creosote, or what?

Rag said:
I cleaned the cooker up yesterday and, as always, was amazed at the layer of black scale that forms in the cook chamber. What is that stuff....dried grease, creosote, or what?

Run it over to the car wash and Power wash that thang every once in a while. Works for me.

Only liquid which ever been inside my pit was when I accidentally spilt a beer in there one time. Now there is one exception was when Mikey the one eared welder put in my fancy slide out racks..it was actually his guest worker who done the manuel labor. He say if he happen to strike and arc in there it liable to burst into flames...so did carry it down to the carwash on that occasions. Otherwise I just spank the snot out of it with the propane flame thrower. If it gonna burn it will..if it won't it aint no deal. Drag a garden hoe down through it occasionally. That should work.

bigwheel

It seems to scrap off easy enough. Just wondered what it is.
I get a ton of water all over everything in the chamber and warmer when first firing up. Takes a bit of heat and time to dry it out. Looks like a hose was sprayed in it. Maybe the moisture comes from the wood and the warmed air condenses on the still cold metal.
Hey what the hell, it cooks right good. :D

Back
Top Bottom