Competition for the BBQ Guru

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bruce B

Master Chef
There is excitement brewing over at TVWB apparently a new product called "The Stoker" has hit the market. Similar in concept to a Guru, however, able to control multiple pits, LED readout, 5cfm fan, web based software giving you the ability to monitor your pits and meat temp from any internet location. Prices similar...take a look

www.rocksbarbque.com

Bruce B said:
There is excitement brewing over at TVWB apparently a new product called "The Stoker" has hit the market. Similar in concept to a Guru, however, able to control multiple pits, LED readout, 5cfm fan, web based software giving you the ability to monitor your pits and meat temp from any internet location. Prices similar...take a look

www.rocksbarbque.com

Been talking to those guys for a while. They were supposed to be in production a long time ago but had some problems. Everything seems to be going now and they've sent out some units for Reviews. The Naked Whiz guys got some as did the Fiery Foods magazine people. Can't wait to read the reviews after waiting for them to go into production. Looks like it could be a good product.

Bruce B said:

www.rocksbarbque.com
I've been following their progress as well. I have 2 Guru's and based on what I've read so far, I'd go with the Stoker if I were doing it again. I like the 100º - 450º temperature control and the computer interface it has and that was the deciding factor for me. What I don't like is, and not that it really matters, it has a 20º temp swing where as the Guru is closer to 5º. Only the 5 CFM blower is currently available but the Guru was limited to a 4 CFM blower in it's infancy. All in all, I like their product.

Man #-o I just bought my first digital probe and now this :eek:
I am way behind #-o

If my dad were still alive he would be shaking his head at that. I don't think he ever used a thermometer. He only used the force.

Puff said:
I am way behind #-o
Cliff H. said:
If my dad were still alive he would be shaking his head at that. I don't think he ever used a thermometer. He only used the force.
Puff didn't say where he puts the probe. :eek: I guess he did "I am way behind "

wittdog said:
Puff said:
I am way behind #-o
Cliff H. said:
Puff didn't say where he puts the probe. :eek: I guess he did "I am way behind "
Your'e a Witty little Dog aren't you :!:

I was lucky enough to win one in their essay contest. Once I get it and learn how to use it, I can write up a review, if anyone's interested.

Larry D. said:
I was lucky enough to win one in their essay contest. Once I get it and learn how to use it, I can write up a review, if anyone's interested.
Absolutely! :(

rock said:
The chart on the our web site is from old Software. Notice in the write up it says it uses on off control. That was done as a test for tuning our actual PID scheme that we use. I know the our new sw controls within a few degrees I will post new charts soon.
The Joker said:
www.rocksbarbque.com[/url]
I've been following their progress as well. I have 2 Guru's and based on what I've read so far, I'd go with the Stoker if I were doing it again. I like the 100º - 450º temperature control and the computer interface it has and that was the deciding factor for me. What I don't like is, and not that it really matters, it has a 20º temp swing where as the Guru is closer to 5º. Only the 5 CFM blower is currently available but the Guru was limited to a 4 CFM blower in it's infancy. All in all, I like their product.
[/quote:239a28kx]
After I wrote this, I read the review and noticed the improvement in the temp swing ~ Looking forward to the new charts.

stokertempswing3ps.jpg

Back
Top Bottom