Company cook, how much?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ROXXtedy

Assistant Cook
Well Larry looks like we're cooking for the same number of people. I wondered how much to cook for this crowd and after reading your post makes me wonder if I might be over cooking. Boss is paying all expense, and this bunch of truck drivers and families really love to eat.

Here's what I'm cooking.
Six - 8 or so lbs butt (luv da butt)
Two large pork loins (fir slicin)
Sixteen racks B-B (luv da rack)
Six beer can chix (luv da beer)
??? sausages (gotta have somtin to munch whils't I drank-n-cook)
5 gallon of stew (ummm-ummm good)
Few burgers and dogs fir some of da youguns

As for the sides all the wifes are bringing a side and dessert.

Whada ya thunk?

I figure you have:

96- 4 oz servings of pulled pork
80- 4 oz servings of loin
64 servings of ribs at 3 bones per person
30-40 servings of chicken
160 -1/2 cup portions of stew.

Cut the stew in half. Leave out either the ribs ,or the loin. Skip the sausages entirely. You will still have too much food! I understand, that you are proud of your cooking and want folks to taste everything, but you will waste a bunch if this is for 100 football players! If women are coming, then you will feed a third world country with the excess!

Thanx fir da comebacks. Some say okie dokie, some say oh my.

Woodman I really do thank you for your advice, I see that you are a pro at this and I am just a rookie and my scales don't work (rookie and scales is an inside joke around the quarries we haul out of) and I mean no harm in this, but small portions like you mentioned wouldn't work around here.

Maybe in the chain eateries, but not the road side-hole in the wall, mom and pop places. Maybe it's just a southern thang (once again no harm intended, luv Ohio, got my first tattoo in Cinncinati, beautiful place), but around here we luv to cook big and eat big. 1/3 to 1/2 lb. for sammichs, big bowls 1 cup and more for stew and at least 1/2 rack-o-ribs.

Also, I forgot to mention, this will be an all day event, first feeding of the wild animals in this jungle at lunch with the second feeding at supper and probably by the time all is said and done and this one tells that one and they tell some body else, well we know how that goes, who knows how many will show up.

We will be having fun and games thruout the day, so this bunch of animals will be xtra hungry, kinda like going to an all you can eat buffet. Maybe down here we eat to much, but we like to enjoy.

Once again Woodman I thank you for your input and I hope someday to be a pro like you, checked out your website and really impressed, dude you got it going on, two thumbs up, kudo's to you man.

Will let ya'll know how this turns out and maybe even some pix, or at least I'll try. Smoke on.

Oh and Dats, we'll have to wait and see about leftovers. I have been having problem with my leftovers, I can't seem to find them.

I've only been smokin fir bout a year now, cooking quite often and ever time I cook I do a little more, hoping to find some. Oh well could be worse, could have more leftovers than wuz et. I know don't complain. Right?

Thanx for the vote of confidence.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom