Cold Leftovers for a Late Lunch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

3 Olives

Senior Cook
I threw this together while I was waiting for a few loaves of sourdough to finish cooking: Griffloaf made with venison and Neese's Hot Sausage, eggs smoked for 45 min. w/ the loaf, doctored Bush's beans with rib trimmings, and pickled okra. The Griffloaf and beans got a covering of Blues Hog TN Red and the eggs got a few shakes of Yardbird. The photo isn't that good, but the leftovers were. Mopped the plate with the hot bread.
img_228683_0_395913aa0405493dc607a70398660823.jpg

Looks mighty yummy. Thanks for sharing. I love meat loaf sandwiches for some reason. Heavy on the mayo and AI Sauce. Yum yum.

bigwheel

I love the egg in the meatloaf thing. My mom used to put eggs in hers. My wife thought I was crazy when I suggested she put them in hers !

john pen said:
I love the egg in the meatloaf thing. My mom used to put eggs in hers. My wife thought I was crazy when I suggested she put them in hers !
Does the smoke penetrate the egg in the loaf? because it will in a shell :LOL:
Waiting for the Wolf

My family was hesitant about trying the smoked hard boiled eggs, but loved them. I did eat a circle shaped meatloaf in a Mexican border town that had whole hard boiled eggs in the meatloaf. It was quite good.

wittdog said:
john pen said:
Does the smoke penetrate the egg in the loaf? because it will in a shell :LOL:
Waiting for the Wolf

Smoke will penetrate an egg in a shell, but once it's peeled, smoke won't penetrate it! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Great looking lunch!!! Love the okra too!

Back
Top Bottom