Cliff's Big Cook

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cliff H.

Master Chef
Was a great success, even if the ribs were enhanced. The butcher told us all he could get were enhanced butts so I left that off the menu.

Briskets came off at 4:00 after spending 6 hours in the pit at 290-340 deg.

Since we were doing high heat in the big pit we had to break out a little chargriller type smoker. I made a charcoal basket out of a foil pan and loaded it up with lump. Brex will be using the Minion Method again.

Two racks of spares and some sausage were ready at 5:00

Chickens went on at 3:00. They were smoking at 280-300 deg and still took 4 hours to get done.

We had a great time. Lots of family to visit with. Lots of food. Lots of water. The humidity in East Texas is steamy.

There are some other pics in my collection to check out including Brex's catering trailer that he is working on. When that boy gets an idea he jumps in with both feet.

There is also a pic of the two boats in the yard. We have a tough decision to make for our fishing trip on Tue. Which one ?

That all looks awesome. I think you made the right choice by not getting the "enhanced" butts. I never realized,until I was told here about the difference fresh meat can make. I thought that ham taste I was getting from the enhanced Hormel ribs I was getting was just from my cooking.
The weather here is about the same hot and humid.
Take plenty of pics on yer trip and fish fry! ;)

Cliff H. said:
Was a great success, even if the ribs were enhanced. The butcher told us all he could get were enhanced butts so I left that off the menu.

Briskets came off at 4:00 after spending 6 hours in the pit at 290-340 deg.

We had a great time. Lots of family to visit with. Lots of food. Lots of water. The humidity in East Texas is steamy.

There are some other pics in my collection to check out including Brex's catering trailer that he is working on. When that boy gets an idea he jumps in with both feet.

There is also a pic of the two boats in the yard. We have a tough decision to make for our fishing trip on Tue. Which one ?

Great looking grub there , now you got me hungry . Since we is shopping in Columbia might be a good time for a couple of Maurices BIG sammiches , some onion rings, and sweet tea!!!!

That's some good looking food.

Take both boats, Something always breaks on mine when I go out and I've always thought it would be nice to have a spare. :)

-Chiles

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom