Cleaning the WSM Grate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Griff

Master Chef
I knock off the chunks with a quick and perfunctory brush job and then run the grates thru the dish washer. I also stick the water pan in there with the grates. It has worked fine for me and is really easy. "Really easy" is what I strive for.

Griff

I throw mine on the gasser on high for about 15 minutes and then scrape the stuff off, works fine for me.

I throw mine on the gasser and blanket it witha pice of aluminum foil. When the smoke stops pouring out, a quick shot with a brush and they are clean as a whistle!

I put mine in the dishwasher, than I wipe it down with Brillo. They go back into the dishwaher again, clean as a whistle.

I do it this way because after the first go around there's a slight film left on the grates. It's much easier cleaning with Brillo at this point. Cleaning with Brillo after a cook is a royal PITA. Sink, counter and myself are always filthy.

I leave mine greasy till the next use. I put the grate on the concrete patio, take my weed burner, and blast it for about 20 seconds. Run the grill brush over it, then flip (using gloves), brush again, and it's ready.

Jeff E said:
I need to get me one of those weed burner gizmos. It seems like they really come in handy.

Nothing beats them for the Kool factor and that look on your neighbors face when they see you using it for the first time..........priceless! :grin: \:D/

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom