cleaning question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dfi

Cook
not sure if this is the right spot for this or not. but I have a masterbuilt electric smokehouse that I have not used since I got the char-griller for fathers day last year. I opened it up while i was cooking friday and found it to be somewhat moldy inside. I know its a no brainer to pull all the racks and parts that can be pulled and scrub them up with hot soapy water but how do I clean the inside of the unit? I have wiped it down with damp rags after each cook but clearly that is not enough

any help would be appreciated

Clean the inside with warm soapy water being careful not to get it into the heating element. (Turn it upside down?) Wipe it dry and fire it up as hot as it will go for an hour or so.

i reckon you can clean the inside with water just make sure that after you clean it, it get dried properly and take sometime before you use it just to be sure that it is actually dried and that you dont get electrocuted incase some parts got wet while cleaning, as long as it gets dried properly then there should not be a problem with electric stuff.

Surely you have some yankee inlaws who would like to be the proud owner of the peece o sheet..lol.

Back
Top Bottom