Church Rotisserie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cliff H.

Master Chef
This smoker is one of three that are being built by a member at my Church. This one is the prototype and it stays at the shop. After it is used for some time there is going to be an evaluation and any positive changes will go on the 2nd smoker.

The third smoker will become the official Church Smoker and any recommeded changes from smoker #2 will apply to smoker #3.

Turn the volume down because the wind was blowing and you can hardly hear me anyway.

Look this smoker over and see if you can spot anything that should be added to or taken away from the unit.

I played with it for a few hours yesterday and it holds 250 temps very well.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/z5xCYseVVsw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/z5xCYseVVsw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

That's one killer lookin smoker Cliffy. There will definitely be some good grub coming out of that baby. Feel free to park smoker #1 in my driveway when your done with it. :D

Nice job. The one thing I'd do is put a valve on the drain as I hate taking the cap off and having grease everywhere.

big dude said:
Nice job. The one thing I'd do is put a valve on the drain as I hate taking the cap off and having grease everywhere.

Are you thinking that there should be a place for drippings to collect and drain at once after a cook or is the valve for ease of operation ?

Cliff H. said:
[quote="big dude":1sb5e6ic]Nice job. The one thing I'd do is put a valve on the drain as I hate taking the cap off and having grease everywhere.

Are you thinking that there should be a place for drippings to collect and drain at once after a cook or is the valve for ease of operation ?[/quote:1sb5e6ic]
Just ease of operation. Mine came with a pipe cap and each time I took it off, I had grease all over me - like taking the plug out of your auto oil pan. Now I just open the valve.

Back
Top Bottom