Chuckie success

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

big dude

Sous Chef
Did a 4# chuck roast yesterday and it turned out great. Rubbed with Wolfe Bold, wrapped in plastic and into the frig over night, took it out of frig when I lit the fire, cooked at 250* (cooker was running a little hot), wrapped at 160* and pulled at 200*. It wasn't quite fork tender so put back on and ran it up to 208* and it was perfect - moist, tender, and very tasty :D - kinda like a brisket point. I think it took 10-11 hours - not sure when I took it off. I may never cook brisket again. Would have had pics but some of the neighbors had wandered over (you know how that goes when there's smoke in the air) and we had to sample it - it was half gone when I thought camera. :( Technique comments welcomed.

Fork tender is DA BOMB.

Are you stating that you were embarrased to take pics of food in front of neighbors are something ?

I will not hesitate to take a pic of food in a resturant these days.

Cliff H. said:
Fork tender is DA BOMB.

Are you stating that you were embarrased to take pics of food in front of neighbors are something ?

I will not hesitate to take a pic of food in a resturant these days.

I just hated to post a pic of a mauled piece of meat. I'm sure the beered up neighbors wouldn't have even noticed :LOL: :LOL: - I often email them my BBQ pictures so they know I do it.

For datsbbq
I pulled it - as a kid grandma's oven cooked chuck roast was always cooked to the pulling point and served as pulled off chunks - so that's stuck with me. Don't think I've ever even tried it sliced.

For John Pen - When you're right, you're right. :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom