Chuck on the egg

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DATsBBQ

Head Chef
I put a chuck roast on at 8:45am at 240 degrees over lump. Going to foil it at 165 degrees. At 12:30 it was at 150, and 1:30 it was 148. I've had brisketts hold for ever at 170, but this a little (3.5#) roast and to go into a holding pattern just seams wierd.
DATsBBQ

Some movement, at 2:30 its at 156 degrees. Thought for a while my thermal monitoring device was broken.
DATsBBQ

no doubt when its done it will be great. had some on a roll earlier. I will certainly do chucks again.

DATsBBQ said:
Some movement, at 2:30 its at 156 degrees. Thought for a while my thermal monitoring device was broken.
DATsBBQ
If it holds too long you can always foil early, it's already got a good amount of smoke to it.

At 4:00 PM it was at 162, close enough for me. I foiled and now just waiting for the final product.
DATsBBQ

DATsBBQ said:
At 4:00 PM it was at 162, close enough for me. I foiled and now just waiting for the final product.
DATsBBQ

You're in for a treat!! Shredded beef is one of my favorites!!!! Wait till tomorrow, it'll taste even better!! =P~

Larry Wolfe said:
DATsBBQ said:
DATsBBQ

You're in for a treat!! Shredded beef is one of my favorites!!!! Wait till tomorrow, it'll taste even better!! =P~

amen to that. my daughter hardly touches red meat..she just had her second sandwich today from the chuck

Last chuck roasts I did came off the pit looking like meteorites. :eek: Probably because I do them direct with no water pan. But they were darn good, What burned ends I didn't eat, :) Went into chili. Talk about a killer chili the next day, It was delicious! Tricky little buggers sometimes.

Took it off the grill at 7:30 and let rest for a half hour. Pulled just enough for a couple of sammies. Will pull the rest today. Darn good flavor though.
DATsBBQ

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom