Chuck

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
wittdog said:
I don't think so.........and I fogot to mention it to her...This was her cook all the way..She seasoned the meat, fired up the WSM...and got up with it a 3:00 am when the temp alarm went off....
Is she available to rent out??? Look awesome

didn't use a drip pan #-o but there were some drippings in the foil that I mixed in with the meat after pulling.

I was pleased with the cook, think I did well in the process itself. Somewhat less pleased with the flavor of the meat. The bark was really good, and the meat was tender and juicy, but the flavor/seasonings did not penetrate the meat and it had a strong beefy flavor that I don't care for (similar to my dislike of the dino ribs).

I do like the briskets we do. I am not sure if that is because of the cut of meat itself (a milder flavor in the raw meat?); the fact that brisket is thinner, and maybe the flavors penetrate better; or if it is due to us marinating the brisket overnight (or some combo of them all?) :-k

Yes I have a sister, although she is married and does not, as far as i know, do q (i know, what's the point). Don't drink beer or wine much, but vodka is always good. Not available to rent... I'll get paid when we win in competition :!: :evillaugh:

never tried marinating one. i just rub it down with salt and pepper and slowly cook away. I think I will have to do one this weekend, that one you did has my mouth watering.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom