Christmas Eve Brisket help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Got a 11 lb brisket. I figured I will start cooking tonight, we are gonna eat a little after 6 p.m. Christmas Eve. What time do yall recommend firing up the UDS? How long can you safely hold a brisket in a cooler? Any help would be appreciated

I'v heard if its wraped up good with a few towels in a well insulated cooler that is pre-warmed with hot water 12+hours. I've not tried pre-warming the cooler but just wrap the meat in 3 layers of foil and wraped in towels and put in a good air tight cooler and rest for 3 hours and the meat is still to hot to handle bear handed. I would not be afraid to go 6 hours, thats the way I do it but if need to go longer I would check internal meat temp if its above 140 your good if its close to 140 I would put it in the oven at a low temp around 165 to keep warm till serving.

I wouldnt mess with cooking it until early Christmas Morn. It will hold in an ice chest layered up with newspaper till the cows come home. Keep up the heat. 250-275 works well. As good as I can figger out I cook around 295 with a water pan. That works too. I could have that puppy knocked out in about 6 hours or so.

bigwheel

Back
Top Bottom