Christmas cooks have began

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tannehill Kid

Head Chef
Started the holiday cooking last night. Did two Bryan hams and two turkeys with Klose poultry rub on them. One ham and turkey is for our company Christmas Dinner tomorrow. One of the hams is for one of my bosses wife's family and the other turkey was for my nieces company lunch party today. Cooked the turkeys to an interal temp of 165 in the breast and the hams to 140. Used a combination of pecan and red oak to smoke with. Got 8 more hams and 6 turkeys to do before Wednesday.

Looks Good TH. Why are you starting so early? Are you going to have rice with anything? :D

surfinsapo said:
Looks Good TH. Why are you starting so early? Are you going to have rice with anything? :D
Different people having there Christmas at differnt times. By the way just got a call from a man that eat some of the turkey at my nieces party and ask to smoke 12 turkeys for him to giveaway for Christmas and I had to turn him down. Just have to many parties coming up and not enough time with what I already have to do. :( By the way no rice :LOL:

Yumm TK. Like he said it depends on a family members locations, some may have to drive from out of state. So we cordinate partys around that

dmtky said:
Hey TK, looks real good, how long did the hams take to get to temp.
Put em on at 3pm and took the last one off at 1am. The big one was about 25-26#'s. Don't ask me why I was thinking the hams would come off about 8-9 that night and whem I stuck them with the thermo pen it read around 80-90 degrees I thought WTF. Then it come to me that I had screwed up and miss figured my time.

Back
Top Bottom