Christmas Brisket(finished pics up)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tannehill Kid

Head Chef
Put 10 flats on this morning at 4:15. Smoking with pecan and red oak at 250. Plans are to smoke to 165-170 foil and pull when thermo pen goes in easy around 190-195. When finished I'm going to vacum seal briskets and give to a few friend for Chirstmas. Will post pics as the cook progresses.

Briskets are foiled and have changed the pit over to gas to finish them off.

While the briskets were smoking the wife mixed up some sausage ball and I help roll them in balls to eat next weekend when all the company shows up for Christmas. Then fixed us a bacoon and egg sandwich for breakfast.

Last brisket came off around 2:15 Let em rest for 45 minutes then vacum sealed them in there own juices. Going to tell everyone I would put bag in boiling water for about 20 minutes them serve. Hope I have all of your addresses so I can send one to all of yall :LOL:

Notice juices in foil

Vacum sealed and ready to give out

Ok give us old absent minded Alzheimers folks a chance here. You took a bunch of flats up to 170 over Red Oak..then you wrapped em. Now might I axe did you wrap tight or loose? Did you add any liquids etc? Did you mop em with sop on the way to the time come for the Noo Yawk Crutch to be added to the equation? Whut was the terminal temp? Whut was the grade and brand? Whut kinda tinfoil did you use..etc..etc..Thanks. Shiney side in or out? How long in the hotbox? Little details can be highly impotent in these type of cases as you must know if a person watch CSI much..which I am the only person in the world who dont watch it as far as I know. See whut I'm saying here?

bigwheel

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom