Chicken and a fatty

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

backyardbbq

Senior Cook
I had a free day on Tuesday so I went to the store and picked up some goodies to spend the day next to the grill. It was a great day to do it since the high was in the low 60's.

I got this ECB for free from a good friend who rescued it from some ones garbage. I can't wait for warmer weather so that hopefully it will hold its heat better and won't allow near as much tending.

This is the chicken and the fatty at about 2 hours in, also this is the first time I split the chicken into halves like this. I have taken and split the back bone and left the breast bone attached, which takes up more space on the grill so I will probably continue to split it this way to save some room.

This is the first time I had placed my beans on the smoker and it worked out great! I just realized I didn't take any photo's of the finished product.

I tried my first fatty today and I should have listened to Diva and not tried it. I can't wait till the next chance I have to bbq so I can do another one, and all I did was season the outside with some bbq rub that a good bbq friend of mine mixes himself.

I had intended on putting on some bbq sauce at the end of the cook, but my hunger was to great and I decided to put the sauce on the side.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom