Cheap White Bread Or Roll?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've already been yelled at a number of times for it here, but, I like plain white bread! Everyone talks about "Real" BBQ...so we cook it that way and stick it on a fancy roll...what gives!!?? 8-[

It doesn't get more "REAL" than white bread...whole grain of course! :!:

Bread or Hamburger roll? Go old school Wax Paper. When my wife makes a salad I complement her on the nice garnish.

Roll definetly..fav is Kimmelweck Rolls ! Around here, CHB (cheap white bread) only comes out when we're out of italian bread or rolls...

Well my first sammie is with plain white bread for the bottom & a roll for the top. The second sammie is roll for the bottom and plain white bread for the top. The third sammie is just on the plate, eaten with a fork. To me it's not the jacket as much as it is the insides! :eek:mm:

Nick Prochilo said:
Well my first sammie is with plain white bread for the bottom & a roll for the top. The second sammie is roll for the bottom and plain white bread for the top. The third sammie is just on the plate, eaten with a fork. To me it's not the jacket as much as it is the insides! :eek:mm:
How do you keep that slim figure in your avatar? :eek:

Puff said:
Nick Prochilo said:

Just keep posting old pictures! It's easy! #-o

Nick Prochilo said:
Puff said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":337okeld]Well my first sammie is with plain white bread for the bottom & a roll for the top. The second sammie is roll for the bottom and plain white bread for the top. The third sammie is just on the plate, eaten with a fork. To me it's not the jacket as much as it is the insides! :eek:mm:

Just keep posting old pictures! It's easy! #-o[/quote:337okeld]
:idea:

Up until 6 months ago I had lived in Tennessee all of my life....but always traveled. Everywhere I have been it's been a cheap bun. White bread is what you get under your fish once they pull it outa the fryer.

BBQ sandwich are always on a bun in Alabama and North Carolina. At Dreamland in Alabama you get white bread to dip in the sauce with your ribs. Dreamland used to only sell ribs. Since the original owner passed away they have since branched out with chicken and sides. Traditionally BBQ plates are served with hushpuppies. I personally like white bread or hushpuppies.

What sells in your area? If you change what people are used to getting they may not like it.

cleglue said:
BBQ sandwich are always on a bun in Alabama and North Carolina. At Dreamland in Alabama you get white bread to dip in the sauce with your ribs. Dreamland used to only sell ribs. Since the original owner passed away they have since branched out with chicken and sides. Traditionally BBQ plates are served with hushpuppies. I personally like white bread or hushpuppies.

What sells in your area? If you change what people are used to getting they may not like it.

I n Detroit if you go to a BBQ joint(I'm talkin' on the street in the middle of nowhere!) you always get white bread to soak up the sauce :!:
But some of the best BBQ i've had was downtown Detroit :!:
I meant down on the streets of Detroit!

Somone already probably mentioned this, but, see how people want in in W. NY and serve it that way...give' um what they want!! :(

Back
Top Bottom