Char Griller super pro

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dollarbill

Head Chef
Anyone know anything about the Char-Griller super pro Smoker/ griller? It s the one with the fire box on the side. thanks. db

Just used mine last week.
I did quite a few mods to it when I bought it.
It's a good cooker. Alot of babysitting though.

?

How come so much babysitting? Thank you for your help. db

(I almost just bought one 20 minutes ago until the guy at Lowes wouldnt honer my home depot coupon. aaaarrrrggggg! Im so pissed right now! )

Unlike a WSM (set it and forget it) the CG tends to have more temp swings. Doing mods like extending the exhaust chimney to grate level, lining the firebox with fire bricks, adding a baffle near the firebox, and adding a charcoal basket in the firebox help to make it more efficient when it comes to holding heat and good temps.

I can't believe Lowes didn't honor the coupon. I love bartering between those two. :twisted:

The cheaper off-sets aren't built nearly as well as the true off-set cookers like Klose, Gator, Bates, Langs and so forth...the Char-Grillers are mass produced on a line and sold in big box stores...on top of that, you have to make modification to it in order to have it cook decent...I would pass on it if given a choice...just my $0.02 8)

The CharGriller is an Excellent Grill for grilling. As a smoker, I liked mine alot better before the addition of the side fire box. When I get another charcoal grill it will most likely be the CG Outlaw without the fire box. There is plenty of room to put the fire on one end, meat on the other and smoke indirect.

bbq

It really looked like a nice (3/16ths I think) unit for $129 + another $55 for the side burner. But i got so damn mad because of the coupon ordeal that i didnt even go to the butchershop on my way home. And now that is biting my a** because ive had a few beers and calmed down. Oh well ill go tomorrow. Thank you guys for all of your help. db

I love my CG SuperPro w/SFB. It's a very cost effective solution for both grilling and BBQing. This being said, it is definitely not a "set it and forget it" cooker like someone already said. I have had my CG for about 3 years and have not made any mods except for a set of lawnmower wheels because the original wheels collapsed under the weight of the SFB :roll:

If you do get it, consider a pork butt for your first smoke. It will give you plenty of time to get used to how the CG operates, and will be decently forgiving to your temp spikes.

I purchased 3 charcoal baskets from CG and I use the two-at-a-time in my SFB. Minion Method with Royal Oak Lump charcoal in both baskets will require me to change out one basket in the SFB approx every 2 hours. Here are some spareribs and chickens I smoked last weekend on my CG. Six hours total on the ribs, and only needed to change out one charcoal basket 2 times. Welding gloves are a nice accessory :LOL:

As a Lowe's employee I will say that Lowe's will honor any lower advertised price for the same item stocked at Lowe's and take off another 10%. Go back to Lowe's and tell them Cliff sent you.

Why won't the honor your coupon ?

dollarbill said:
Anyone know anything about the Char-Griller super pro Smoker/ griller? It s the one with the fire box on the side. thanks. db

I love mine , got it 2 weeks ago from our local Lowes. Will be probably be hauling it to comps to use to cook for the team . I am having trouble getting the cover for it though , I went to the company web site and their web page says 0 on hand , ahh well gues I will keep using the blue tarp and straps .

WalterSC said:
dollarbill said:

I love mine , got it 2 weeks ago from our local Lowes. Will be probably be hauling it to comps to use to cook for the team . I am having trouble getting the cover for it though , I went to the company web site and their web page says 0 on hand , ahh well gues I will keep using the blue tarp and straps .

Walter,

Those covers are in stock at Lowe's. Atl least the one I work at. Let me know if you need me to work something out with you on getting one to you.

Back
Top Bottom