Cedar Plank Grilling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wallstreet

Assistant Cook
I just tried grilling on a cedar plank tonight and although the shrimp turned out amazing, the bottom of the cedar plank was black and looked like it had been in a fireplace.... It this common ? i did soak the 2 planks in water for 2 full days and took them out of the water an hour before use. can anyone help me with this ?

Only cooked on a cedar plank once. Was fish. Too strong for my liken. The bottom was black. You’re on the right track if it tasted good. P.S. I wouldn't reuse those things. :P

that leads me to another question..... they can only be used once ? we have got to be doing something wrong ?

you should have some char, indicating you got some good smoke.

You can re-use, but clean and store in a plastic bag in the freezer so that you don't
die from fish juice bacteria and such. To me, you can find good enough deals on thin boards just to use them one. Minion says in the Pac NW, there are folks who have big thick ones
they have used for years.

Thanks guys..... For the 8 bucks i paid for the planks maybe i will just use them one more time and buy new ones..... the planks did have a nice char on them and it did provide excellent smoke. the shrimp were amazing !

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom