Casting New BBQ Show!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SuperCooks

Assistant Cook
Hey Everyone,

My name is Alex and I am a casting associate for a television production company in Los Angeles. We are about to start a new show to find the best BBQ and meat cooks in the country, and I bet we can find someone on this forum who's got what it takes! Below is a copy of our casting notice. If you think that this sounds like you, send us an email to the address listed below! Thanks!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CALLING ALL CARNIVORES

Are you a world class cook for meat-eaters? Can you cook meat- every kind, every way- and bring out the best every time? Can you face off against the best chefs on the planet? And tell them where to shove their soufflé? A new TV show is looking for one man who can cook for the carnivore in all of us.

Must be outgoing and energetic. Fun and plainspoken. No airs. No nonsense. NO ACTORS. Be yourself- and come ready to work. Cooking credentials a plus. Must be between 28-45 years old, and willing to travel. Email us at supercooks@grbtv.com and include a headshot, cooking credentials, and a tape if available.

Feel free to let your friends know about the casting!

Lol, I'm so sorry about the age discrimination, if you can pull off looking younger, then I'm sure no one would mind :P
The "No Airs, No Nonsense" part directly pertains to the next qualifier, NO ACTORS. We want the real deal, you know what you're doing and its not a gimmick, type of person. I'm going to see if we can get that revised in the casting notice.
Thank you guys for your posting though!
If you feel up to it, no harm in shooting us an email. We don't sell or use your information other than to contact you back!

P.S. What's this about not filming in Myrtle Beach?

I think they are skeered to go up against an old guy. 45, Pa-leeese. What do they think us old guys do? Warm up a can of Ensure???? Take our teeth out and sharpen them before we eat?? Do they not know that we now have the largest 'old person' population we have ever had.

Now don't get me wrong(looking both ways) I'd wouldn't change the channels if there was a bikini throwdown

But I would also like to see some old gray haired dudes poking fun at each other while they cranked out some really fine eats. They could cut to a commercial when they had to run to the bathroom.

You're right RB, a bunch of chicken assed kids. Plus, age discrimination is illegal under federal and Alaska law. Who wants in on the class action lawsuit?

Alex, folks here just like to have a good time. Having met and at least
seen pics of about 90 percent of our posters, I can say that they are
all too hideous to be on tv.

Captain Morgan said:
Alex, folks here just like to have a good time. Having met and at least
seen pics of about 90 percent of our posters, I can say that they are
all too hideous to be on tv.

Hey, I resemble that remark! :LOL:

Dear casting associate...you can feel free to contact me...not the other way around...you know who I am, DON'T YOU!!??

Back
Top Bottom