Case of butts on for the night!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
WalterSC said:
Larry Wolfe said:
They're done! Ended up with 4 half trays full of meat.

Larry some fine looking pork there , Fathers Day soon approaches , and I have hinted towards a WSM for myself, I mean after all I did get Niki new porch furniture on Mothers day, LOL.
Sounds like a shoo-in to me! :(

Jeff E said:
WalterSC said:
Larry some fine looking pork there , Fathers Day soon approaches , and I have hinted towards a WSM for myself, I mean after all I did get Niki new porch furniture on Mothers day, LOL.

Walter, I hope you get your WSM. My wife & daughters gave me one for Father's Day 3 years ago. It's the best FD present I've ever gotten.

Well I got 3 bites from selling my stuff I had to buy for the former rexerve police officer position here in Denmark , if they do buy it I can get my own pitt and stock up with at least 2 WSM`s , the rest wil follow. I got a 40 cal model 22 Glock high capacity , 4 clips , smith and wesson cuffs, weapon belt , holster. First come first served , found a fella in Bamberg who will make me a pitt and I get it at a discount , seems I saved him from a really bad wreck and he wants to repay me for that. I aint gonna turn that down.

Captain Morgan said:
What goes around comes around big guy. Save something for yourself though!

More than likely it wont be anytime soon , LOL . But its nice to know I can afford it down the line , I always did want a pit even if it was a small one , I dont need a huge one , we occasionly have guest and firends from out of town come in for weekends and of course family events. I will settle for the WSM for now .

Finney said:
Were's the party pics, Larry?

Ugh..............What a day that turned into the wee hours of the morning. Those people I did this job for know how to party, WOW!! I got there at 2:30, set up and started warming the pork. They bring me a cooler of beer and set it right next to me and say will this keep you busy for a bit. Of course I said yes, but I had to pace myself until the food was ready. Well when I saw the party guests I got worried, there were some big eaters there and I started to worry about quantities. But it ended up to be just about perfect, the host's of the party had about a half of a half tray left of everything that they will be able to enjoy today. The compliments on the food continued from everyone the entire night. That to me makes all the hard work worthwhile. They really loved the "Szpecial Szauce" and the majority of the people used it instead of the SBR's I'd put out. Some asked if I had any they could take home, but I had just bought 1 gallon there.

Now to the fun part. After all the food and everything was put away the party got kicked up a notch. They had a mediocore DJ but the music was good. I think next year I have a DJ friend in S.C. that I'm going to recommend. Anyways, I just sitting back relaxing by their pool and this "Brickhouse" comes up to me and asks if I'd like to do a jello shooter with her. I said I've never had one, sure I'll try it. I ended up doing about a total of 6 or 7 jello shooters and then someone pulled out syringes. Not what you think! :eek: These were huge plastic syringes without needles of course, that were filled with Jello and Vodka "Jello Shots". I was offered one and again, who am I to deny alcohol? So I did a couple of those. So the party starts to wind down and the next thing I know the people behing me are doing beer bongs. I haven't done one of those in about ten years but I knew I could do one faster than these people. They were taking 5-7 seconds to suck down one beer. How pathetic. :) lol I told them they were slow and chuckled. Of course I wanted to do one so I was egging them on. So this guy says that he could beat anyone. So I'm about 2 3/4 sheets in the wind at this point and I told him if he beat me he could push me in the pool. Of course the last thing this guy wanted was some schmuck in a wheelchair to make him look like a wuss. We did it and I was done before he took his first swallow. Thank God cause it was cold out and I didn't want to ride home wet. I was impressed with myself I haven't lost my guzzling abilities over the years.

I took a few pictures, but I will have to find my camera before I can post them. Somehow I lost a cooler too.

Cliff H. said:
Larry, how much sauce do you add to the pan ? Do you just pour it over or mix it in by hand ?

Cliff, I would say I used about 2 cups per pan. I just drizzled it over the meat and then tossed with tongs.

Just re-read this thread and this one and I'm curious how many people actually showed up and how much of the sides you ended up going with.

The Joker said:
Just re-read this thread and this one and I'm curious how many people actually showed up and how much of the sides you ended up going with.

I honestly don't know the exact number of people, but it was alot. If I were to guess I'd say between 90 & 100. I had 4 trays of pasta salad, 4 trays of beans and 3 of slaw.

Sounds like your typical catering job! With me last week it was going back and forth between Don Eduardo Tequila and Jim Beam! One guy brought a guitar and I was the only one who could sing, no really. So, I did!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom