Carolina Pulled Pork Sandwiches

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SteerCrazy

Head Chef
Rev's slathered Butt with some local Rufus Teague Rub. Prepped the butts at 10pm for a 2am wake up call

Homemade Carolina Vinegar based slaw, vinegar, sugar, celery seed, garlic salt and other goodies.....

The pork maxed out at 165* (as it always does) and was needing to eat by 6pm. So I did not refill the water pan, refilled with fresh lit coals and the smoker cranked up to 350*. Within 30 minutes the pork jumped from 171* to 185*. Added water to the pan, heat settled at 250* and pulled the pork off at 4PM. Foiled for 2 hours in a cooler, pulled perfectly!

Classic Carolina Pulled Pork Sandwich....MMM MMM

my buddy here from West By God Virginia says thats the best way to eat a pulled pork samich . i will do that one day .

how bout gettting me that slaw hook up if ya dont mind Steer [smilie=bowdown.gif]

knine said:
my buddy here from West By God Virginia says thats the best way to eat a pulled pork samich . i will do that one day .

how bout gettting me that slaw hook up if ya dont mind Steer [smilie=bowdown.gif]

I'll be honest knine.....KC boy likes his PP sammies drowned in sauce. This was the first time I'd had it this way and it was gooooooood. I'll post the Slaw recipe in the recipe section for ya.

Greg Rempe said:
Rev's slathered....great idea!! 8)

I use the Rev's now exclusively for all my slathers. Gave up on makin one myself, it's easier usin one that's already made for you! Besides, you can't beat the Rev's!

looks good even though it has a salad on it :cry:
put my salad on a seperate plate please 8)

Back
Top Bottom