Careful what you ask for...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Uncle Bubba

Executive Chef
I went to a local butcher shop and asked for a whole untrimmed pork shoulder yesterday. They didn't have any but he said they were getting their hogs in first thing in the morning and he would save a whole shoulder from the carcass. So I go back today thinking I'm getting about a 10-13lb shoulder. They come out with this hunk of meat I couldn't believe. It weighed 19.38 lbs and cost me about $28. I figure it is going to take about a week to cook this thing. I always wanted to try a whole shoulder so I guess I got what I asked for. I am going to cook it next month when we have family coming over. I figure I need to bump up my allotment of beer for that cook by half a case or so. When I prep it for freezing I'll take some pics.

Bubba not to ask a stupid question but are you sure he gave you the shoulder and not a ham? You might need more than the amount of xtra beer :D

Uncle Bubba said:
Yes...definately. The butt must weigh about 10lbs itself.
Bubba likes big butts, he like them round a juicy! Even white boys got to shout! Baby Got Back :grin: :grin:

Woodman said:
Hmmm, where did you ever get a stupid idea like that!

Momma always said..."stupid is as stupid does"...and I done listen to stupid.

=Woodman

I really don't know how these guys cook these thing whole all the time. This thing is monstrous. There won't be any room for anything else on the pit. Guess I need a bigger pit. :!:

"You're gonna need a bigger pit(boat)." Roy Scheider.

Bruce B said:
[quote="Greg Rempe":3iu2d80p]Happy to help eat and drink if you need me too!! :D :D

As long as you deliver it up on his porch, he'll take a shot at it.[/quote:3iu2d80p]
Whatever he can't reach, i'll take the rest :!:

8-[

Back
Top Bottom