Butts -n- Bones

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gary in VA

Head Chef
Butts and bones... In the friggin rain....

Got a little bit of a late start this morning (didn't want to get up)... and put on 16 butts and 4 racks of beef ribs.

some of the beef ribs should be ready for a late lunch... butts are for yet another church dinner. I'll speed em up this afternoon and pull a Bill TGG and foil em :shock: yah... against my principals, but hey, it's raining and I got a late start... so sue me.

Looking good Garence! Are you still gettin the beef ribs from Wally? They sure were good at the get together this summer!

Bones just went into foil with sauce for a little while... I hope not too soon.. beef ribs are hard to judge, I see them bones shinin through and I gotta do somethin...

these bones just might be done for lunch :D

Gary in VA said:
Bones just went into foil with sauce for a little while... I hope not too soon.. beef ribs are hard to judge, I see them bones shinin through and I gotta do somethin...

these bones just might be done for lunch :D

I'll bring the soup. ;)

c'mon over bill.. won't be much longer...

out of the foil and back on and sauced

a little closer look

I am getting hongry now....

and did I mention... I HATE cooking in the rain!

I hate cooking in the rain too. This year with my Peoria Custom Cooker I built my 12'x20' tent around it in my driveway and have 3 walls up on it keeping the pit much dryer and workable.

Don't catch cold man!

Meat looks purty too.
peace

If it aint rainin then people gripe too.. Keep cookin the way you are cookin. alleast you are using a real BBQ pit!!!! Smoke and Rain rocks!! Nothing like smelling good BBQ when it's rainin..... [smilie=a_goodjob.gif] [smilie=a_goodjob.gif] [smilie=a_goodjob.gif]

sorry it took so long... had a new washer and dryer delivered and installed....

but anyway... here was lunch

cut and ready

a little closer

Andrea went after them like she was starved...

Alex was to ornery to even try them...

overall they weren't my best ... but still dang good eatin... got 3 more racks that we'll be eatin on in the next few days

and.. I foiled the butts at 165-170 or so

and.... did I mention.... I HATE COOKING IN THE RAIN

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
wow, looks great! Just for fun, what kind of washer & dryer did ya get?(please humor the old appliance repairman) :LOL:

ahhh sooooooo we gettum Sam Sung... much high recommendation ....

The GE Washer and dryer we had em haul off gave us 16 years of good service... the washer had been leaking yellow transmission fluid for almost 2 years now and was still running... no real problems with the dryer though

Gary in VA said:
[quote="Pigs On The Wing BBQ":phvzum2i]wow, looks great! Just for fun, what kind of washer & dryer did ya get?(please humor the old appliance repairman) :LOL:

ahhh sooooooo we gettum Sam Sung... much high recommendation ....

The GE Washer and dryer we had em haul off gave us 16 years of good service... the washer had been leaking yellow transmission fluid for almost 2 years now and was still running... no real problems with the dryer though[/quote:phvzum2i]
:LOL: Good deal. The old GE's will run for ever, I just picked up a set of German made Whirlpool's (front load) Don't know why the wife is happy. I do all the damn laundry. :roll:

Dang Gary are you feeding Alex Miracle Gro?? He wasn't that big at the get together a couple months ago!

Nice looking ribs buddy!

I'm stuck here at work and now all I can think about is where I can get me some beef ribs. Dang it!!

I've got to cook 1000 quarts of stew tomorrow for the Douglas Freeman High School Band. If any of you are in Richmond and want to come by and stir a pot in a rain, we got plenty of paddles. I'll be starting the light generator at 05:30 (YUCK)!

Gary,
That Lang sure does look loaded. is it taking longer to cook in the rain? Any issues with the temps?

-Chiles

(The Lang gives it that Twang)!

Larry Wolfe said:
Dang Gary are you feeding Alex Miracle Gro?? He wasn't that big at the get together a couple months ago!

Nice looking ribs buddy!

Its all in the pork!

that boy will put away the pork now...

19 months old... at least 30 lbs, at least 35 inches tall.. and ALL Boy! if he ain't sleepin... he is wiiiiiiiiiiide open! he has a full set of teeth and man does he use em.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom