Butts, butts and more butts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
Got up at 3:30 this morning to start the meat for Tuesdays work function I'm doing. All the meat will be vacuum sealed, frozen and then reheated the day of the luncheon.

I have a friend that cooked 8 butts on his Primo XL but I couldn't get the whole case on mine. Well I could, but the lid wouldn't close. :roll: These butts were big, the case weighed 73.48lbs. So I fueled up the Jr. and put two on the lil' fella, we'll see how he handles them! After I took that pic of the Jr. I separated the two butts, so they're not squeezed together.

We got our first killing frost...had to get the window scraper out :cry:
I think I'm going to pick up some stuff to smoke at Bjs..

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Helen_Paradise":12i8ke11]Updates!!!!!!!!! Looking good :)

Update, it's cold and getting very windy!!!!! :cry:[/quote:12i8ke11]

Time to buy a Starbucks coffee!!!

Griff said:
Unity said:
(How much Wolfe Rub did that take? :shock: )

I was wondering the exact same thing.

Actually not a spec of Wolfe Rub on them......................................yet! :shock: :shock: I am low on my own personal stock, so I threw a little concoction on them just for a little barkages. Once I pull them I will season with Wolfe Rub along with some Szpezial Szauzce! It's a secret! ;)

larry way you keep secret from us? I was thinking this was a learning web site for barbecue not secret. :LOL: How the butts coming?

Puff said:
You into the beers yet Lawrence?

Just got off the bike and opened my first one!!!

Wow it's windy as all get out today and I'm glad I'm cooking on the Primo's and not the WSM's in the wind! Temps are holding pretty tight all day, in the 245-260* range, both top and bottom vents are almost completely shut. Butts in the XL are 177* and the Jr at 167*.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom