butts are on

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nick Prochilo said:
Good luck with the cook Brian! Better to have it come off too early, than too late! You can always leave it in the cooler longer.
Very good!! =D> =D>

Brian...don't listen to Bryan! Keep the Makers...nice to hear from a fellow KSB (Kentucky Straight Bourbon) drinker out there. I think me and Zilla and Finney are the only guys who pubically say they drink God's water too! :!:

Why not kick it up an notch or 3 and dive in to the Bookers! :eek: :!:

Butts look good...have a great day!!

brian j said:
wittdog said:
Cant' wait to see the pics.
i'll do what i can buddy. one will be pulled at tonight's meeting. the other will be pulled here at home and then vacuum sealed.
My mouth is watering........After the last butt pics I had to reheat some from the frezeer...... :-k I might have to do some this weekend. Are u using water or sand? What kind of wood? and how much?

Cliff H. said:
I didn't realize it took that long to cook butts. I just figured they took about as long as a brisket.

I put on a couple of butts last Sat at 5pm and didnt take them off until Sunday at 9am. Then I foiled them and let em rest in a cooler for 3 more hours! Unfortunately I had family over and they didn't even last as long as the cook :tant: No leftovers

So what was your total cook time? 18 hours? You're welcome Nick. :(

Nick Prochilo said:
[quote="The Joker":3kp15ost]So what was your total cook time? 18 hours? You're welcome Nick. :(

If my math is right (your not going to correct me there are you?) it was 17 hours.[/quote:3kp15ost]
:taunt: Well, he posted at 10:20 and pulled them off at 4:20. :-k

brian j said:
[quote="Cliff H.":krlazbzj]I didn't realize it took that long to cook butts. I just figured they took about as long as a brisket.
they can. and they can be cooked fast. mine have now been on for 14 1/2 hours and the temp is up to 182. pits temps have fluctuated between 225 and 250 with most of the time in the 230's.[/quote:krlazbzj]

This post was at 1:49 PM. I did the math from here.

brian j said:
yep, almost 18 hours exactly. i actually posted at 11:20 and the butts had been on for close to an hour after i had cleaned up and got back on the puter. i don't think this site springs forward.

and oh yea... and thank you nick. :!:
I think that's it! Still, start and stop times in standard time... :!: Sorry Nick. :welcm:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom