Bunkbed Birds on the Big Easy [Video]

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

Hey guys I cooked up a couple yardbirds yesterday afternoon on the Big Easy to show how easy it would be for Tailgating. I wasn't at a game but at home but I think it does show how quick and easy the thing is.

The taste is great but you'll have to trust me on this or come over one day and I'll show you.

In short I had [2] Three and a half pound chickens and I also had a wire rack from an old toaster oven that fit in the Big Easy so I was able to stack them and cook [2] at one time. It was quicker than cooking a larger single bird of the same weight. I'm learning.

Used mainly olive oil and salt and pepper but also injected them with some Creole Butter injection ole JB down in Baton Rouge done sent me. Good stuff Boy!

I used a small aluminium pan in the Drip Pan and used that to make Fresh gravy. Yummm.

They cooked less then 10 minutes a pound and were done in about 30 minutes. Took them till the breast hit 170 degrees and shut the thing off and took the birds out. Let them and the rack cool for a bit to set the juices and well we chowed down.

The Big Easy was cool enough to load into the back of a truck in about 10 minutes which is great for tailgating. By the time you get done eating put everything away and yer done.

peace

<object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" width="437" height="370" id="viddler"><param name="movie" value="http://www.viddler.com/player/17afa649/"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><embed src="http://www.viddler.com/player/17afa649/" width="437" height="370" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess="always" allowFullScreen="true" name="viddler"></embed></object>

lol
Thanks guys. Nah the toaster crapped out a long time ago but I saved the drip pan and wire rack for various reason.

I plan on doing a Roast in there like that with Roast on the bottom and Potatos baking above it.

They say you can do a Pork Butt in 4 hours in the thing butt I'd have to see that and may try soon too.

Thanks again guys
mike

Good job on the video Mike, and the birds look great. Nice mod using the rack also.

I tried that squeezing while you pull out slow method once and found it to.....ooops, wrong forum sorry 'bout that BOY!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Wow , you make that look easy. I think my wife could cook me some chicken now... Hey my birthday is soon... :shock: Awesome video Mikey!!! You were very calm and collective too... thanks for sharing with us folks!!! [smilie=a_goodjob.gif]

Back
Top Bottom