Buckboard Back Bacon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You're not one of those "cat people" who have hundreds running around the house and you take in every stray that you find are you????

Because I count five (5), {that's one more than four, for those of you in Grand Island, NY}, and that's already five too many.

Just to keep this on topic, is that Hi-Mountain cure kit you're using?

:pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop:

Bruce B said:
Because I count five (5), {that's one more than four, for those of you in Grand Island, NY}, and that's already five too many.
Tht's 6 too many for be Bruce!!! #-o #-o #-o Time for new glasses??? :grin: :grin:
I need to try me some of that! :!:

6, you may be right, unless, is that a black cat hiding behind the white cat on the desk right by the phone, if so, 7. If not 6.

Gosh that looks horrible! You have may address, send it to me so I can get a better look! Take some sliced pic's please! Good job!

now I done tenderloins and butts in the Highmountain, but I thought the
bacon in Buckboard Bacon was a bit of a misnomer. Tasted more like
a cross between bacon and ham to me.

Of course, as Bigwheel said, "any cross between bacon and ham is a friend of mine."

yup, I agree ... leave some fat around the ouside when curing ... fry in butter till it gets a little brown (or really brown) and it tastes like bacon

gj buddy!

wd

I've never used the High Mountain product and thus can't say anything about it. I have made a number of batches of buckboard bacon using Morton's Tender Quick which is available in stores. I also use maple syrup. It's pretty much the same thing as Bryan does except home made cure. I do the 2 weeks in a wet cure in the frig. Here's a couple pics.

As you can see I made some back bacon and some shoulder bacon in the same cure.

Griff

Back
Top Bottom