Brunswick Stew

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
Cappy invented Brunswick Stew among other things, so I got his recipe and I'm gonna give it a whirl today. I saved about 1lb of pulled pork from Friday that will go into the BS. This morning I put a 3lb chuck roast on along with 3lbs of chicken thighs. The recipe calls for 1lb of each meat, so I figure after they I debone the chicken and the chuck reduces down and when I'm done picking, I should end up with 1lb of each. The chicken thighs are rubbed down with Spicewines Hen Dust and the chuck with Wolfe Rub Bold. When these are done I'll start the post of Brunswick Stew. Should be lots of pic's to follow.

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
Wow, your rolling early this am. :LOL: Time for a "pop" yet? :shock:

Still working on the Maxwell House.......................but today is football Sunday, so things could change real soon!

Chickens done and pulled! Turned out pretty good with the Spicewine Rub, good product Jay. I almost fried the skin, but my heart told me no. Chuck is foiled, won't be long until it all goes in the pot together!!

Chuck is done and pulled, got all the meat resting in the fridge and I'll put it together in a bit!

I also made my Spezial Szauce for Tuesdays work function, it's the last pic.

Larry is the king of chucks.

Hey buckethead, are you worried about the different rubs on the
meats not working together in the stew?

Captain Morgan said:
Larry is the king of chucks.

Hey buckethead, are you worried about the different rubs on the
meats not working together in the stew?

No, after just tasting it, everything seems to be coming together nicely! I just put everything in the pot and simmering, might add potatoes later. Maybe not, I dunno.....

Stew is done and this was one of the best stews, I've ever made! Fanfreakingtastic!!! Thanks for the recipe Jim!! I did it pretty much to the "T".

Stew looks good....right color with lots of chunky stuff. The flavor is what makes BS so good.

That looks great Larry. Now I have to make stew. ;)

On edit I failed to mention how great that chicken looked by itself. I can never get the skin to look that good.

Back
Top Bottom