Brothers Rock Barbeque

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bbquzz

Master Chef
My son and daughter-in-law are expecting my second grandson in about a month so we hosted a family gathering to celebrate the event and convince my all most 3 year old grandson having a new brother will rock. While I was at it I did a couple extra butts to freeze.

8 PM Friday night.

6 AM Saturday morning.

Slaw ready to go.

Black Bean-Hominy Chili, Four Cheese Macaroni and Jalapenos ready to stuff.

Bigwheel's Baked Beans.

Four Cheese Macaroni ready to eat.

The guest of honor.

Plated...

A new find for me, Traverse City, Michigan's finest, this is great stuff!

The crew who helped eat it all.

Interesting side note, I pulled them at 190° about 4PM, wrapped all three in foil and towels and in a cooler, pulled one at 5 PM and waited 'till the crew left about 9 PM to do the other two and they were still at 167°. Pretty amazing what an old beach towel and a cooler will do.

Great looking family and groceries. Now Im hongry and I just ate two tunafish sandwiches.

Looks like a great spread and a good group. Congratulations on the coming Grandson!

good looking group...they are lucky to have such a good cook amongst them.

it ain't easy to make good food for that many people.

Was there any marked difference between the ones you pulled at 5 and the ones at 9 ?

Oh and btw...good looking spread !

john pen said:
Was there any marked difference between the ones you pulled at 5 and the ones at 9 ?

Oh and btw...good looking spread !
Okay you caught me, I was going to freeze the two at 9, but fresh pulled pork, I couldn't resist, no one was looking so I had a sandwich from one of the two butts ... Every bit as good as the earlier butt. I did notice they had a gray cast when I took them out of the foil, and there was lots of moisture, I assume condensation or it could have been the half dozen Vicious beers :D

If imitation is the highest form of flattery ... consider yourself flattered Nick. I'm sorry I can't say this is going to a good cause like yours, the only cause for this PP is feeding my pie hole the rest of the winter. Seems like I got something less than a 50% (45%) yield from two 10 lb. butts. There is just over 8 lbs. here and someone ate a little last night while pulling and saved some for a sammie tonight so I probably got 9 lbs out of 20 lbs, gross.

Fine looking grub and family Buzz! Were you in the pic or were you the pic taker?

Back
Top Bottom