Brisket tomorrow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DATsBBQ

Head Chef
My dad called yesterday from the heat of Phoenix and said he and my step mom will be at my place Thurs PM. Now I thought, I knew he originally said Friday but what the heck. Have a 10.5# brisket that I rubbed a few minutes ago and plan to throw it on the Primo at zero-dark-thirty. I'll take some pics and post them as I go.

Now this will be a first. His idea of smoking is to only toss some wood chips in his electric ECB during the last 15 minutes of a cook. I'm using lump Mesquite all the way, no electrons here. Could be a hit, again who knows. Hard to teach an old dog new tricks.

DATsBBQ

Rained last nite, humidity is up a bit. The starter chimney took an extra 15 minutes to get going. Put the brisket on about 15 minutes ago (6:25 MST). To keep the temp at 2450-250, I find that I have to keep the vents more open than usual. Chaulk it up to the humidity (most of the time it is well below 25%), but I'll keep an eye on lest that temp starts to soar.
DATsBBQ

Finally got the cooker dialed in, too unusually longer than normal but I'm on the right track. Foiled the brisket at 165. Put some of Festus's leftover pig into some beans and popped them on along the brisket. Rest of the meal will be tator salad, pasta salad and some fried grits (recipe stolen from Alton Brown).
DATsBBQ

DAT look's good. =P~ As far as the left overs chili is always good. Sh*t on a shingle in place of the chipped beef. Grilled Stuffed Peppers with brisket, black beans, cheese. The possibilites are endless. brisket Stew.....Dam now I went and got myself hungry.

Don't know why that one didn't publish, but the sliced pic is there now! I let someone else do the carving, didn't seperate the point from the flat but it so tender it didn't matter.
DATsBBQ

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom