Brisket ( The Whole Story)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yep, I know how those all nighters can go. Pulled one last week!

My original post wasn't meant to be derogatory though. Just trying to be funny. The hazzards of email. I'm sorry it offended you. It wasn't my intention.

lol Pigs, thanks for the being first guy to admit his emotions got control of him a little! You're welcome here, as are disagreements!

Hate to see anything get personal. By the way, I only delete posts that denigrate this board or anyone on it, and those that are offensive.

Captain Morgan said:
lol Pigs, thanks for the being first guy to admit his emotions got control of him a little! You're welcome here, as are disagreements!

Hate to see anything get personal. By the way, I only delete posts that denigrate this board or anyone on it, and those that are offensive.

So thats why Finney has more posts the me!

So were COOL then, Right? I can be the a total asshole when grumpy. Or lack of beer or sleep for that mater. I apoigise. Who the hell took my matches and used up all the LP for my weed burner.

Did a hog today, Last night was no good. Every thing was all right till rain and wind.Tomarow chicken and butts. Cake walk. I'll tell ya, after so many years you think you have it down.But when wind (not so much) and rain come down, You have to be perfict for the customer. When you look like a wet rat in bibs and your eyes look like you smoked a pound of dope, Its hard as heck not to tell the customer Hi glad to meet you. Serving time will be soon. I'm thinking write the check and I'm out of here ASAP

Did that last week, thank goodness it was only burgers and dogs...I kind of wanted a big bonus or tip for cooking in the pouring rain, but all I got was a round of applause! Can't take that to the bank.

You guys are cracking me up.

Pigs is one of the good guys here gang. If your nice he'll even tell you how the get edible skin on a hog for your caters. :) His knowledge and stories are worth the wait.

As you may or may not have noticed Pigs and I share a common goal.

A bad day behind a pit beats any day I have at my "real" job. The biz is the biz. Good days and bad.

Good Q!

Jack

Don't feel bad. Some catering people tack 20% on the bill. I won't. Kind of a kick in the ass when you don't get it when catering. That's why I tack 10% on the over all bill. If they want to tip. (They never do) I get a little kick back. Some say it's wrong, I don't think so. Thats business and catering.

Jack W. said:
You guys are cracking me up.

Pigs is one of the good guys here gang. If your nice he'll even tell you how the get edible skin on a hog for your caters. :) His knowledge and stories are worth the wait.

A bad day behind a pit beats any day I have at my "real" job. The biz is the biz. Good days and bad.

Good Q!

Jack
Thanks Jack! Ya know this fall Bob in GA is doing the HTH thing. Let's be there. You know most of the folk. Me too. Way too much fun. What ya think? Mummm lard poched eggs.

I would only think that being in the food industry like this (catering) would suck. Everybodies tastes are different, some like it some don't. Those that don't won't tip, those that do, might! You pull an all nighter then they gobble it down in 20 minutes and give you a round of applause! Man don't sign me up for that job. Pigs, you should be adding 20% on the entire bill overall, not as gratuities. Sounds like you got the business covered, try to raise it a little at a time and see what happens. I do construction work and when I find I'm getting all the jobs I bid on, I'm not charging enough. If customers tell me there are getting other bids on the work after I give them a price, then they call to tell me I have the job, I usually back out. If I'm the lowest price....I made a mistake! I don't want to be the highest, but I don't want to be the lowest either. Oh BTW, I NEVER get tips!

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
[quote="Jack W.":1f165thy]You guys are cracking me up.

Good Q!

Jack
Thanks Jack! Ya know this fall Bob in GA is doing the HTH thing. Let's be there. You know most of the folk. Me too. Way too much fun. What ya think? Mummm lard poched eggs.[/quote:1f165thy]

I'd like to do it. Ga is not a bad trip for me. In laws live in Gainsville area. Might just have to give it a go. FRESH lard poached eggs. Man, the thought makes my heart do wierd things. Hit me off list.

Good Q!

Jack

Raine, About the only thing I can think of is consistent product, And portion control.Give the customer what they pay for. I stopped at a place once and shelled out $5.00 for a pulled pork Sammy, Got a tea spoon of pork on two slices of white bread. I stood at the counter took the top off, folded it in half and ate it in two bites. The girl looked at me like I was nuts. I was mad as hell and thought I was cheated. Told them I would never be back. 6 months later, They were history.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom