Brisket rub..?!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jester1

Senior Cook
Last weekend I rocked my first brisket. As I have been finishing up my last leftovers, I'm planning for the next brisket. I used the TexasBBQRub Brisket rub this past time and it was awesome. I would love to be able to make a similar rub myself, since I always try to control the ingredients that I use. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions..?? Thank you in advance.

Jester

Griff said:
I've used TexasBBQ brisket rub. Check out Wolfe Rub Bold.

That's exactly what I was going to try first. I use the Wolfe original rub for my pulled pork and I LOVE that stuff.

wittdog said:
Invest a little in this book http://www.amazon.com/Paul-Kirks-Champi ... 240&sr=1-3 It's very good for the basics on creating your own rubs and sauces.

That's awesome... I'll have to check out that book.

Have only used Texasbbqrub in the original flavor on chicken. Found it outstanding. Seemed to have been sugar based so I would start with Imperial Pure Cane if I was out to clone it. Just about anything tastes good on brisket. I have used montreal steak seasoning (granules too big need a ride in the spice grinder) and just about any kind of name brand Fajita seasoning taste real good on there. Best brisket in the world at one time was believed to come from Cooper's in Llano cooked direct over mesquite coals..wowser. They use salt n peppa. Still there. In fact even got a branch over in the Cowtown stockyards area. But dont think they cook the same. I parked next to it one day and looked like some giant Oylers plastered against the out side walls. Did not notice any copious amounts of mesquite being burnt to coals etc.

bigwheel

I have been trying to clone Tx BBQ rub for some time now. Not even close.

I recently used Snyder's prime rib and roast seasoning. Very good results. Found it a local grocery store.

Tell ya one which we really like is Omaha Steaks Seasoning. Wound up with a big old sack full of little small tinfoil sample packets of the stuff. Have used it on everything...burgers, steaks, chops, loins, brisket, pushed pork and barnyard avians. Havent found anything that it did not taste good on. If you buy something else off of them they will send it to you free.

bigwheel

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom