Brisket packers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nice! Get one going and post the cook. I couldn't find them in my area then my wife discovered that Smart and Final carries em, love smoking full packers.

Nick Prochilo said:
Walter, what was the price per pound?

I was so shocked at the price I didnt look at the per pound price just the total minus tax of course , I shall return to there and get all info and repost it , will probably buy one and test out my new 22 1/2 inch WSM. The head of the meat dept told me people were asking for whle brisket and not the flat so he put it in stock dang near hugged him!!!!!

Well if there was some arithmetic majors on here all they would need to do is figger out how much the beasetes weighed and divide it by the cost minus the sales tax or something similar to that. I could do it myself in the morning most likely. :mrgreen:
bigwheel

bigwheel said:
Well if there was some arithmetic majors on here all they would need to do is figger out how much the beasetes weighed and divide it by the cost minus the sales tax or something similar to that. I could do it myself in the morning most likely. :mrgreen:
bigwheel

Sorry I majored in footballl and cheerleaders in high school!! LOL

Toby keil said:
Nice! Get one going and post the cook. I couldn't find them in my area then my wife discovered that Smart and Final carries em, love smoking full packers.

Its the same price per pound too for a full packer vs. flat last time I checked.....I think I just seen em for $1.79 at Sams Club. Case price was a whole $.10 cents cheaper..

Buck..Buck..Buck. Aint sure whut you been consuming but sure Pig's would take two bags sight unseen just to make special butter..wink wink:) Flats and packers do not cost the same amount of money. Now you mighta hit some old flats they was trying to peddle right quick but I speaking of general rule here. A CAB Flat run 4 or 5 bucks a pound last I checked and that been many moons ago. No telling whut they charging since Prez Osama and his pal Nancy Pelosi cranked up the printing presses to turn our currency into Monopoly Money. Would suspect they fairly pricey in other words and under normal conditions.

bigwheel

dollarbill said:
Toby keil said:

Its the same price per pound too for a full packer vs. flat last time I checked.....I think I just seen em for $1.79 at Sams Club. Case price was a whole $.10 cents cheaper..

WHOOPS!!!! Nice call BW, I meant to say its damn near the same price for the flat as it is for the whole packer... I dunno what the hell happened there? Maybe I was outta cold beer. Ha!

Kinda new here, and from the mid-west. Edgamakate me here. Aware of of the 2 parts of a brisket the point and the flat. whats a packer, CAB flat, full packer vs. flat.
Thanks
Hal

Hey Hal welcome if I aint already mentioned it. Good place to start your edumacation (gonna need learn how speel that right one of these days:) Is at the link below. If they give you any trouble tell em I sent you. That should throw a good skeer into em. Anyhow read up on all that stuff and repoat back for corrections on certain topics etc.

http://www.bbq-porch.org/faq/index.html

bigwheel

Anytime sir. I am always ready to try and be helpful to my pals:) Merry Christmas to you and yours.

bigwheel

Back
Top Bottom