Brisket-Fajitas-Sausage-Day Off BBQ

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

surfinsapo

Master Chef
Well we got a few days off and I am going crazy with boredom, so BBQ time at Sapo's.. Picked up a packer trim brisket, outer fajitas, and german style sausage... Brisket is still cooking.. Here's the lunch food....
dsc00146650926nb0.jpg

dsc00186667904un6.jpg

dsc00236683843gc5.jpg

dsc00246694775qq8.jpg

dsc00256711015jc5.jpg

dsc00266725895qi7.jpg

dsc00276748767ep6.jpg

dsc00286626850cz6.jpg

Looks muy bueno there Sapo. I thought yall was all running away from the Hurricane down there. Sure you shouldn't be headed up to N. Texas?

bigwheel

bigwheel said:
Looks muy bueno there Sapo. I thought yall was all running away from the Hurricane down there. Sure you shouldn't be headed up to N. Texas?

bigwheel
Not this time BW..My friend went to Padre island and said if IKE did come here the whole island was going to be washed away.. Unbelievable stuff..It's 100 degrees here and sunny, little wind, but strange feeling.. All the neighbors left 3 days ago.. the brisket is smoking away right now.... :shock:

The brisket came out awesome. I left the fat on and it tasted nice and juicy.We ate it with the next door neighbors and watched a DVD...

dsc00299769188tt3.jpg

dsc00309753722du8.jpg

Love2<º((((>< said:
That looks really good SS. Where did you get the tortillas? They look freshly made.
I got them at HEB.. you have to cook them on the comal.. Are you getting anything from the hurricane? A boy drown at the beach yesterday,, He walked out on packery channel jetties and got swept away.. Sad man.. See ya

Brisket looks perfectly done.

I hope your ceramic is doing well.

I apologize for being just as concered for the welfare of your smoker as I am for your wellbeing. ;)

Every time you get some wind I think of Humpty Dumpty sitting on your back porch. :LOL:

007bond-jb said:
How tender was it? looks great
Let's put it this way... I was surprised when I cut into it and it just melted in my mouth..I just wish I could cook them right every time.. I bought the meat at a local butcher shop this time.. I have a video, just need to encode it..

Cliff H. said:
Brisket looks perfectly done.

I hope your ceramic is doing well.

I apologize for being just as concered for the welfare of your smoker as I am for your wellbeing. ;)

Every time you get some wind I think of Humpty Dumpty sitting on your back porch. :LOL:

Thanks Cliff, the Kamado is doing great.. It weighs 495 lbs.. We didn't even get a gust of wind over 20 mph...So greatful for that..

surfinsapo said:
Love2<º((((>< said:
That looks really good SS. Where did you get the tortillas? They look freshly made.
I got them at HEB.. you have to cook them on the comal.. Are you getting anything from the hurricane? A boy drown at the beach yesterday,, He walked out on packery channel jetties and got swept away.. Sad man.. See ya

Yea I just heard about that, its sad.

As of 130pm we're not getting an unusual amount of rain. West of us around Tyler and southwest of Tyler is getting a lot of rain. Just called work and the winds are sustained 30 mph with gusts of 45-50.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom