Brisket Dinner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wittdog

Master Chef
I did up a brisket flat today…still searching for “that” brisket…I have no idea why there is so little of a smoke ring. It still came out pretty good. It got a little overdone because I was out with the Smoking in the Igloo crew..good times were had. Its always nice seeing Adrienne and Aaron. A few adult bev….some BS and a trip to Duffs for wings. I’d call it a good day.

Looks good to me Dave.. I have tons of questions about it, but I will ask JB instead... ;) ;) ;)

See ya later, Happy Easter.....

SS

Rag said:
Nice color and bark. Why you showing Micky"s plate, where is yours? :D
I had just gotten back from a day of drinking beer and eating wings with Aaron and Addriene...from Smoking in the Igloo... ;)

Unity said:
Looks super to me.

--John
(I've gotta get over my fear of brisket-failure.)
Briskets are like anything else..cook enought of them...and sooner or later you'll make a good one... ;)
Worst case you end up with a good pot of chilli.

wittdog said:
Unity said:
Looks super to me.

--John
Briskets are like anything else..cook enought of them...and sooner or later you'll make a good one... ;)

John like Dave said, there's nothing to be worried about, go for it!

Heck you live close enough to me, let's plan a Saturday, you come over and we'll cook one up!

wittdog said:
I did up a brisket flat today…still searching for “that” brisket…I have no idea why there is so little of a smoke ring. It still came out pretty good. It got a little overdone because I was out with the Smoking in the Igloo crew..good times were had. Its always nice seeing Adrienne and Aaron. A few adult bev….some BS and a trip to Duffs for wings. I’d call it a good day

And we'd like to thank you, Dave. Had an absolute blast with you Love your house, love your yard, love Magic the dog, loved the smokehouse snacks at your house, love the care pack you sent home with me! All that, and you took us out for lunch. What a guy! Would have to say it was one of our best visits to NY yet!! :D Will do it again soon, as we discussed!

Oh, and from what I tasted, you're almost on 'it' with the brisket. Just try the things that we discussed - um, before we went out for adult beverages :oops: - and let me know how it turns out. I think you are 'that close' . . .

Larry Wolfe said:
wittdog said:
Unity said:
Looks super to me.

--John

John like Dave said, there's nothing to be worried about, go for it!

Heck you live close enough to me, let's plan a Saturday, you come over and we'll cook one up!
Oh, I cook 'em, even successfully, but with apprehension. It's so easy to make brisket-shaped shoe leather. That's one of the reasons why I love pork butts -- they're so forgiving. :LOL:

--John

Adrienne said:
wittdog said:
I did up a brisket flat today…still searching for “that” brisket…I have no idea why there is so little of a smoke ring. It still came out pretty good. It got a little overdone because I was out with the Smoking in the Igloo crew..good times were had. Its always nice seeing Adrienne and Aaron. A few adult bev….some BS and a trip to Duffs for wings. I’d call it a good day

And we'd like to thank you, Dave. Had an absolute blast with you Love your house, love your yard, love Magic the dog, loved the smokehouse snacks at your house, love the care pack you sent home with me! All that, and you took us out for lunch. What a guy! Would have to say it was one of our best visits to NY yet!! :D Will do it again soon, as we discussed!

Oh, and from what I tasted, you're almost on 'it' with the brisket. Just try the things that we discussed - um, before we went out for adult beverages :oops: - and let me know how it turns out. I think you are 'that close' . . .
All those adult bev.....I can't remember :LOL:
It was a very good time any time you guys are passing thru give me a ring.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom