Brisket

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
Had a 13lb packer that I trimmed and removed the point and froze for another time. Rubbed with Wolfe Rub, using hickory wood, sand in the pan and Kingsford. This is the first long cook on the Newer WSM that is kinda out of round but it seems to really be holding temps much better than I expected. So far I've only done ABT's and Fatties on it.

I had one heat spike and now everything is settling in fine. Cookers at 246* and the briskets at 142*

Briskets at 165* and it's now in the foil until 190-195*. It's looking and smelling pretty good so far!!

Briskets in the cooler. Threw a beer can chicken on after I pulled the brisket off. I used about 1/4 can of beer and 1/4 of Scott's BBQ sauce and I lightly rubbed the chicken with Wolfe Rub. I haven't done a beer can chicken in a very long time, I'm looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

john pen said:
We were just talking about the beer can thing..is that on the grill or the WSM ?

You can do it either way. On the wsm, leave the water pan empty so you can get the temps up to the 300 - 350* range. Foil the pan so it's easy to clean and just leave out the water.

john pen said:
We were just talking about the beer can thing..is that on the grill or the WSM ?

It's on the WSM, but like Nick said you can do it either way. I still have the sand in the pan from the brisket.

Nick Prochilo said:
Good eats at the Wolfe residence tonight! What time is crazywhiteman getting there? Oh god help me for that remark!

:)

He can come over whenever he wants, I know an old lady down the road the will make him a nice "special" sammich! :eek:

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":2doa1dj6]Good eats at the Wolfe residence tonight! What time is crazywhiteman getting there? Oh god help me for that remark!

He can come over whenever he wants, I know an old lady down the road the will make him a nice "special" sammich! :eek:[/quote:2doa1dj6]
:eek: :eek: :eek: :lmao: :lcry: :lmao:

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":1i2mpkmu]Good eats at the Wolfe residence tonight! What time is crazywhiteman getting there? Oh god help me for that remark!

He can come over whenever he wants, I know an old lady down the road the will make him a nice "special" sammich! :eek:[/quote:1i2mpkmu]

I try to avoid things with "special" in front of them! :!:
But the beef-n-bird looks fantastic! :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom