Brew - n -Q

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I will take a wild guess the brew was good. That ho made beer is sorta like ho made bbq it that it nearly ghuranteed to be mo betta than the storebought stuff. Now the first batch I made back in high screwl we were following the recipe some girl's daddy had give us from back during prohibition. It consisted of Blue Ribbon Malt Syrup..white sugar and bread yeast. It was purty bad actually..looking back on it. Tasted fine at the time. Kept in the front living room closet telling my gulliable mama it was a science expuriment. She always believed anything I tole her for some reason.

bigwheel

Dang Monty sounds like you done good. Now how high would the alchy content have to go so as reaching the point of needing to be called barley wine or something equivalent? Thanks. Around here there is a big outcry about Okiehoma beer being weaker than Texas beer. They cant exceed 3.2 or it must be bought hot in a likker store. Now Texas beer is only 3.6 or so the likkor board man tell me one time. Now most ignereent folks in the beer joints claim Okie beer is 3% and Texas beer is 6%. Is there any way to edumacate the masses on this issue? They think they cant get drunk on Okie beer..and I am here to assure them that it can happen. Especially if its cheap.

bigwheel

monty3777 said:
Brew was/is about 7% and tasty (if I do say so myself :)

bigwheel said:
Is there any way to edumacate the masses on this issue? They think they cant get drunk on Okie beer..and I am here to assure them that it can happen. Especially if its cheap.

bigwheel

monty3777 said:
Brew was/is about 7% and tasty (if I do say so myself :)

Well, I remember trying an experiment one time to determine the relative strength of a 3% beer. First you drink a beer. Then you drink another. Then you drink 5 more. At that point if you find yourself picking a fight with anyone who looks at you sideways - you're drunk. Foolproof!

Well I recall vividly as a mere young skull full of mush..my Uncle Jeff who I was named after...would not attempt to dance at the beer joint till he had eggxactly 13 beers. Prob Pearl or Falstaff..Jax etc. My daddy had a rather unique way of splaining things. He always say, "Son...whiskey makes people drunk...beer makes people stupid." Sounded plausible at the time. Still does sorta:)

bigwheel

Back
Top Bottom