Boys Weekend Brisket

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SteerCrazy

Head Chef
Well, my wife went away for the weekend with her mom for mothers day and left me with both my boys (1 1/2 yrs & 5 1/2 yrs). So I thought what better way to celebrate than with a brisket!

Butchered trim job injected with a modified Witt injection suggestion

After injection I lightly coated with some local Smokin Guns Hot rub

Wrapped up and put back in the fridge for about 4-5 hours....will throw this puppy on about 8 or 9pm central standard time

See ya tomorrow!

I like to know how everyone is come up with there injection recipe for there brisket. I would like to try one but don't have clue were to start.

The Missing Link said:
I like to know how everyone is come up with there injection recipe for there brisket. I would like to try one but don't have clue were to start.

ML, if you own any Dr BBQ books or Paul Kirk books they have some great injection recipes in there. I looked through there and got some help along the way from people on the board!

Nick Prochilo said:
Looks more like fathers day!

you ain't kiddin....considering I had macaroni and cheese and pbj for fathers day last year :roll: don't ask, the day wasn't the greatest

Started the fire at 8pm, lump with some hickory and pecan wood. Got to temps in about 30 min, added another dusting of smoke n guns hot rub and threw the brisket on at 8:30pm

All snuggled in her blanket of smoke :)

gotta love the nightvision option on the camera.

I will check the water and coals before retiring......race was cancelled :cry: but lotr return of the king is on to entertain me.....more tomorrow

Not yet ;) my 'smokers instinct' woke me up at about 2am and the brisket was sitting at 165*.......foil, no foil, foil, no foil.......after about 30 minutes and my mind racin about the stupid thing I decided to get up and foil cause I was tired of havin too many of these things dry out but this was injected so again the debate with myself was foil, no foil....

Here it is right before foiling (obviously)

Now it's 6:30am and it's at 180*. Water looks good just needed to refuel, temps were at 170*

Dang, looks like a brisket weekend. Too bad I was working. I will be doing up a couple of flats on tuesday.

Sorry I couldn't get the pics up in time...only so much to do in so little time while the wife is away!

Brisket turned out good! I could have injected it a bit more and added some more of the Dales seasoning but all in all it was juicy and great!

This is how we do it in Kansas, some good Blues Hog BBQ Sauce and some bread and you're in business

Thanks for the help Dave, of the numerous briskets I've done (30+) this and one other were the only 2 I was happy with.

Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom