Bowling breakfast in a zip-lock.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DogMan

Cook and bottle Washer
Here I was almost all alone with my dog for a weekend camp out while the wife was away. I had stopped by the food store and made selections for the two day camp. This may be hard for some folks to understand, but I am fine away being alone while camping. Sometimes I'll sleep in my john boat, truck or tent. But as I have gotten older, I do like it a bit more softer bedding.

Here I was campfire going Strong and I had forgotten my cook box. After a short talk with the lord about, age and memory. I began to look for what I could use to make due with. There was my GI canteen with soup cup fixed to the bottom. I added water and let bowl. Next I took a plastic zip lock bag and added egg and spam meat. Once Cooked, I added coffee to the water and once cooked I added a splash of cold water on top of the hot water to drive the cooked coffee grounds to the bottom. This is also called cowboy coffee as it drive the coffee ground to the bottom of the pot and in my case soup cup. Then enjoyed my coffee, while eating from the zip-lock bag. Truly, all in all not bad. and had my line cast into the lake before first light.

Nikki, enjoyed, left overs mixed with canine mix.

Back
Top Bottom