Boston Butt Smokin' Photo Update

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BluzQue

Head Chef
Well folks the weekend is here! I've just put a 10.5lb Boston Butt on the ole smoker. Temp is holding steady @ 225 degrees and the hickory is smokin' good. Plan on it slow smoking for the next 12 to 14 hours. Slathered and rubbed down. Last hour or two tomorrow morning, I plan on moppin' it. Great expectations...we'll see! I plan on posting some pics tommorrow, & get you folks' opinions. The Rev. Marvin's Sauces came yesterday (half Original & half Hot). Got 12 chicken quarters gonna smoke Saturday or Sunday..plan on putting Woody's products to work! Hope everyone out there is beginning a good, relaxing & cookin' weekend!

Here's a couple shots of Boston Butt off smoker after 15 hrs. Temp held constant 225-235 degrees entire cook. Like to not have gotten it out of smoker because it wanted to fall completely apart on me! Letting it settle down abit for about 2 to 3 hours wrapped in 3 layers of foil in cooler. I'll Post pics later when pulled.....maybe a little sauce on the side...and Bluzque chowin' down!

:D 8) :D

img_196009_0_373b74f8fa3ef5ded2de802ef1cbf8b7.jpg

[/img]
img_196009_1_b8a116ab0b4f8328096e37ae223eb34d.jpg

:D 8) :D [/b]

Well best of fortunes on the big cook. That is a nice sized butt. We hardly ever get em past about 6-8 pounds around heah. Now did bump into a 15 pound picnic at Albertsons once upon a time long ago. Figgered it musta been somebody's pet Sow which wouldn't stay out of the Begonias or something like that. It currently raining like a cow peeing on a flat rock here in God's Country. Dont think I want bbq bad enough to get wet. I could also run the risk of melting since I am so sweet:)

bigwheel

I hear ya bigwheel, wouldn't want you to melt :LOL: I started the update pics in this post. If ya want to check it out right after it came off the smoker. 8)

Back
Top Bottom