Book suggestions...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
'On Cooking' by Labensky and Hause. A culinary text that serves well for the basics you can adapt to q'ing.

Karen Putnam Championship BBQ
Molecular Gastronomy: Exploring the Science of Flavor
On Food and Cooking -McGhee
I'm Just here for the Food - Alton Brown

I have enjoyed all of these.

Couldn't live without my Smoke n Spice book. It's the holy writ of bbq in my view at least recipe wise. Now how he come up with them goofy cook times and temps I aint sure. Now I did see Emeril one day recommending pulled pork to go to 160 or 170 or some equally insane figger...so I am sure them pro book writers and Food TV gurus aint as smart as they think they are sometimes. They sometimes dont get the wheat and chaff in separate piles:) Now I aint never seen Alton Brown give out dumb advice. I guess that is why I like him nearly as good as Rachel Ray. She sure got a nice smile and *utt in my book. I dont see how she carries all that stuff at one time :shock:

bigwheel

ps..She makes the Best Stoup in Town. Ought to try her Herbs de Provencial sometime. She aint just a purty set of teeth and coola.

bigwheel said:
Couldn't live without my Smoke n Spice book. It's the holy writ of bbq in my view at least recipe wise. Now how he come up with them goofy cook times and temps I aint sure. Now I did see Emeril one day recommending pulled pork to go to 160 or 170 or some equally insane figger...so I am sure them pro book writers and Food TV gurus aint as smart as they think they are sometimes. They sometimes dont get the wheat and chaff in separate piles:) Now I aint never seen Alton Brown give out dumb advice. I guess that is why I like him nearly as good as Rachel Ray. She sure got a nice smile and *utt in my book. I dont see how she carries all that stuff at one time :shock:

bigwheel

ps..She makes the Best Stoup in Town. Ought to try her Herbs de Provencial sometime. She aint just a purty set of teeth and coola.

Now Emeril is smarter than you think there ole boy. Pulling pork at 160 will save you a lot of money on gym fees! Don't look like he has pulled much though.

bigwheel said:
Couldn't live without my Smoke n Spice book. It's the holy writ of bbq in my view at least recipe wise. Now how he come up with them goofy cook times and temps I aint sure.
Hmm. The title page shows that it's written by Cheryl Alters Jamison (senior author) and Bill Jamison (junior author). Shouldn't that be "how she come up with"? But yes, I agree with you, they've got some killer recipes. The pepper-heavy Southern Succor Rub (in The Renowned Mr Brown) is my very favorite butt rub.

--John

Back
Top Bottom