Boneless Turkey Breasts not as easy as I thought.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nick Prochilo said:
Chiles said:
Smokey Joe,
When I first got the Lang, I was so exited that I had a cookout at the house. That was 2 boston butts, 3 racks of ribs the briskette and two beer can chickens. Oh yeah, and 8 chicken leg / theigh quarters. I listened to everyones review and started focusing on what I liked to cook and what people liked to eat best. Three weeks later I was invited to bring my cooker to one of my guests homes and cook for their open house / daughters birthday party. 8 boston butts and another 3 racks of ribs later... lets just say that this process has repeated itself several times. 180lbs of the turkey alone was for christmas presents. I vacuum sealed them and one of my buddys and I had 20 each to deliver to friends, relatives and co-workers. The rest is history. Each time I fire up the cooker I put on ribs because people like them the best. Twice I have cooked and had the ribs completely dissapear before I even had one.

That's why I do it. Strictly for fun and to watch people smile while they eat. Most of my guy friends are in the 250 plus pound club so we can put away a lot of food. Computers pay the bills, food and friends are what I want to do on the weekends.

Speaking of which...

How long is a turkey breast good for in the fridge if it was vacuum sealed as soon as it was cool?

Chiles

You and Larry could be best friend!

Except Larry hates computers. :P

Bill The Grill Guy said:
I tell my clients that smoked turkeys are good for 10 days in the fridge. Some people freeze them. I wouldnt, due to drying them out but the vac bags may keep that from happnin.

My father would agree with you 100% about the turkeys being good for 10 days in the fridge. [smilie=a_holyshit.gif]

However in no way would I never think about eating a turkey or anyother type of meat that has been in the fridge for 5 days, much less 10, unless it was cured. That's just my opinion though, plus I don't wanna get sick or make anyone else sick.

I stopped selling whole smoked turkeys to people unless I could cook it the day before they planned on eating it. I've now switched to vacuum sealing and freezing the cut up bird and the customers seem to like it even better. They receive 4 bags from a whole turkey, two bags each containing half the breast, one bag with 2 legs and 1 bag with thigh meat and wings for soups. They say they really prefer this because most people don't eat a whole turkey in on setting. I have a single mother that orders turkeys on a regular basis that pops a bag containing the half breast in a pot of water when she gets home and her and her daughter have dinner and then sandwiches for lunch the next day. Make it real convenient.

BTW, vacuum sealing and freezing keeps the turkey as moist as it was when you cooked it. However, overheating it in a boiling water for too long will overcook it and dry it out.

Mike,
Thanks for the information.

I work in Columbus, Ohio during the week and spend time in Dayton at Wright Patt. Ever been to City BBQ in Columbus?

Chiles

Back
Top Bottom