Boneless Butts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

boozer

Sous Chef
So, my favorite Butcher shop is closed for the holidays. I picked up a couple of boneless pork Butts from the supermarket to cook for some friends and family to eat during the Husker/ Georgia game. The damn dogs got into the trash again. Every time I cook boneless butts, and the dogs don't get their blade bones, they get into the trash cans and strew garbage all over the alley. It's like they can smell the pork shoulders cooking and count on a bone, and if they don't get one, they assume I threw it away. Smart animals, but dumb too.

Used to see the boneless models a lot for a slighty jacked up price but dont notice them much anymore. Maybe just aint been looking for any. Pork that aint in cryo makes me very nervous. Would guess the boneless models are in Saran which would be enough to scare me off. Now Sysco Foods used to peddle a 30 lb case of the things which come up to 3 10 lb butts or real close...individual cryoed and Shrink wrapped together. Those come in very handy for sausage making. Could thaw what you needed and leave the rest in the freezer for next time. Takes a long time to whittle that crazy bone out of there.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom