Boiled Shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

knine

Sous Chef
Here are a few pic's of last nights Shrimp boil me and the wife and 6lbs of fresh from the shrimp lot's shrimp .

NOW YOU'RE TALKING!!! To me there's nothing better than cooking whole (with head on) shrimp!! We used to get them off the docks when I lived in NC, some would still be flipping!!! One of the tastiest things on earth!!!

I have never eaten shrimp with the heads stil on them. But, they sure do look good.

I think there are jalapeños as well?

Sure looks yummy.

My hubby started to drool looking at this picture. I think that is a sign i have to make it now.

willy T. said
"I see shrimp and corn, what else is in there ?"

3 whole cloves garlic , 2 sliced big green onions (put in when soaking) not jalapenos .

that was 6lbs 14-17 shrimp (thats how many it takes to make a pound)
1 -16oz Zatarain's Shrimp Boil powder type
2 x Squeezed lemons (make sure u dont have any cuts when squeezing)

bring to boil with all but green onion and corn, add shrimp to boil , i boil for 4 mins then cut off heat . add frozen sweet corn and bell pepper and let soak for about 10-15 mins (not to long cuse they will peel harder)
the frozen corn is a trick that makes them peel easer too .

now every 1 has there own way and that is only 1 way i boil shrimp so take what ya wil and go with it . ;)

knine said:
willy T. said
"I see shrimp and corn, what else is in there ?"

3 whole cloves garlic , 2 sliced big green onions (put in when soaking) not jalapenos .

that was 6lbs 14-17 shrimp (thats how many it takes to make a pound)
1 -16oz Zatarain's Shrimp Boil powder type
2 x Squeezed lemons (make sure u dont have any cuts when squeezing)

bring to boil with all but green onion and corn, add shrimp to boil , i boil for 4 mins then cut off heat . add frozen sweet corn and bell pepper and let soak for about 10-15 mins (not to long cuse they will peel harder)
the frozen corn is a trick that makes them peel easer too .

now every 1 has there own way and that is only 1 way i boil shrimp so take what ya wil and go with it . ;)

Like Knine said add what ya like... Looks great neighbor . how much are they going for? Looks like jumbos?

they went for 4$ a pound 5#'s or more . no they were not the jumbos one size down .

077 u ever came to Westwego shrimp lot ? they have about 30 different boths selling every thing from fresh shrimp , crabs , soft shell crabs , crawfish , red fish , speckel trout , oysters buy the bushel or bucket , mullett , catfish , flounder .......................! i will take sum pictures for you people the next time i go there .

and once again i posted in the wrong area :oops:
sorry i will get it right it just takes a few times .

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom