Birds!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

boozer

Sous Chef
A Jamaican Jerk chicken for dinner, and a turkey breast for lunches next week. A friend of mine who runs the local jamaican restaurant was nice enough to hook me up with some rub and sauce. Ja wattagwan, yah mon! Turkey's not too bad either...

Attachments

• 20130921160624.jpg
    20130921160624.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 292
  • 20130921193723.jpg
    20130921193723.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 296
Looks great, reminds me of my trip to Negril.....great flavor unmatched in any other spice for sure!!

Looks good Boozer. U inject or rub?
Yes, both. For birds, It's a really simple injection, of clarified butter and chicken stock and jumex mexican fruit nectar. the rub is less simple for poultry, because you have to work it in under the skin. For jerk chicken, I honestly don't know what's in the rub, I get it from my jamaican friend. I asked him for the recipe, and he told me it was an ancient jamaican secret, passed down through generations. Later, over some rum punch, his wife told my wife that it was a commercial rub, that they have shipped in from the islands, but don't know what brand.

Looks great, reminds me of my trip to Negril.....great flavor unmatched in any other spice for sure!!
Haven't been to Negril yet, but I've been to Ochos Rios, it's a beautiful country (as long as you stick to the resorts and tourist areas!) The irony is, with all of the great jamaican food I had down there, the best I've tried is from the Caribbean Delight restaurant, 6 blocks from my house!

Haven't been to Negril yet, but I've been to Ochos Rios, it's a beautiful country (as long as you stick to the resorts and tourist areas!) The irony is, with all of the great jamaican food I had down there, the best I've tried is from the Caribbean Delight restaurant, 6 blocks from my house!

Been to Ochos as well, Negril was a bit better IMO
Did you pay a visit to Farmer Mike....LOL

Hey Buzz, you gone huntin yet? Opened like 7 days ago, You should have some good hunts up there in Indian River!

Yeah it is, just opened the first of Oct. Thinking of picking my bow up and going out to do some damage. Another one of my hobbies!

Back
Top Bottom