Big cook this weekend.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ROB O

Senior Cook
OK, It must be spring big cook coming this weekend. (Either that or I just got my guru back :D )

On the gasser: Hickory brined turkey with a honey maple mustard glaze.

On the WSM: Short ribs rubbed w/Yum Yum (or Fatz pig powder if it gets here in time). Gonna use jack daniels soaked oak chips or if it gets here in time pecah.

Also on the WSM to finish up: Salmon. Probably apple maybe alder if it gets here in time.

Oh baby I'm missing BBQ.

So.... Anyone ever cook short ribs before? What am I getting myself into? Think I'm asking for trouble if I have my butcher cut them in half across the ribs then cooe 'em in the racks as if they hadn't been cut? I mean stack them vertically as if they were still intact?

Rob,
I've cooked short ribs before, they are fantastic. But, you don't end up with alot of meat due to the high fat content and the rendering process. But again, they are very tasty!

Lookinf forward to it Rob...I love this weather much better...and it makes it easier to cook outside vs. in the attic!! :!:

I don't know what you guys are talking about. I've been cooking all winter. Just more enjoyable now. Now the neighbors smell the smoke and start to wonder what I'm up to! Good luck with the short ribs Rob. Where did you get them from? I picked up some last year that are still in the frezer that I got at resturant depot. Think they were $1.50 per pound. We have to take a ride over there sometime, great deals...all the resturant people shop there!

Nick Prochilo said:
I don't know what you guys are talking about. I've been cooking all winter. Just more enjoyable now. Now the neighbors smell the smoke and start to wonder what I'm up to! Good luck with the short ribs Rob. Where did you get them from? I picked up some last year that are still in the frezer that I got at resturant depot. Think they were $1.50 per pound. We have to take a ride over there sometime, great deals...all the resturant people shop there!

Enough about Nick and Robs dating practices!!

Actually, I'm beginning to wonder if these are really short ribs or not. These suckers were huge. I always thought short ribs were, well, short. My butcher's calling them short ribs but based on the comments here and on TVWB I think I'm going to have to go back with a meat chart.

Something's not right.

Nick, things will free up for me after June. I'm just traveling and working too many hours right now. Certainly in July. Maybe first week in May. I'll give you a cal.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom