Beer Can Chicken Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gomer1

Senior Cook
I figure I might be short if I just serve ham on christmas and since I am already planning on having the WSM at around 300 degrees a couple beer can chickens would be nice.

Can I fit 3 on 1 rack? And how long will they take to cook approx if they are around 300 degrees? Can I put them under my ham on the lower rack? anything else I should know? :)

Thanks guys

I am not sure if you can stand one up on the lower grate. You can fit two on the top grate ok but they have to be centered up. Three may be pushing it.

BC two and butterfly two. ;)

Allow about four hours to get the breast up to temp whether it takes that long or not.

I had 3 on a pizza pan that just fits inside my WSM, the chicks I did were 3.5 lbs and they fitted quite well, they need to be adjusted so they don't touch, if they do touch then they tend to not color up properly, and can stick together.

On the pizza pan there is just enough room round it, to lift the whole pan in or out when they are cooking, which makes life a whole lot easier!

Remember to pin the neck skin closed as, it helps keep the moisture in the body of the bird, and give them a rub down with some EVOO before you rub them down with your rub, it will help the skin get crispy.

Yep as Ezzy stated, three fryer chickens will fit on the bottom grate on thrones.

Man you are cooking up a storm Greg, give me directions I'll come help eat your food and drink your beer.

You can get four...

You can get four at one time:
Beer%20Can%20Chix.jpg

These four turned out great. They were perched on beer cans.

Ah Larry you would be more than welcome it is a shame I am over 3,000 miles away hehe, Larry D thanks for the reassurrance. And about 4 hours is right for the birds?

I drilled the pizza pan and fitted wire handles through the holes, I wear Black Knight gloves to grab the handles and lift!

Back
Top Bottom