Beef Tenderloin and Wild Pig

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Texas 1836

Senior Cook
Cooked for several days over the last week, thought I would share a couple of pics.
Christmas day, smoked a bacon wrapped beef tenderloin. Smoked a wild pig given to me by a friend on Wednesday.
(And I dont know why the pictures came out in reverse order, but you get the idea!)
Thanks for viewing. :eek:

Wow what a great looking holiday ... I thought you were smoking a Gator in that one picture, I forgot you have a Gator Pit :D Super cook and nice pictures, thanks for sharing.

Oh man, that's awesome. Did the wild pig taste any different than store bought pork? Would love to try one of those.

Crabnbass - it was honestly better than I thought it would be. Some Que Brothers told me to be sure and get all of the fat off of it, so we carved on it for a while. Then I draped it with maple bacon. It was very lean, but I tasted no "gaminess" at all. And I didnt use a "wild" rub, just Texas BBQ Grand Champion Would definitely do another!

BW - it was received in a headless state. I couldn't figure out where to put the apple.

Nick - anytime I'm smoking, friends are always welcome. Come on down anytime.

Thanks for the comments guys.

my neighbor usually gets one or two a year from near florence, sc.
He knows a farmer that has wild pigs eating his crops, and is more
than happy for Bill to come and shoot a few. Since they are eating
domestic crops, they don't really have a gamey flavor at all.

Been a while since he caught one though.

They are a big pest in God's Country. Heard they had either already or was fixing to make it legal to shoot them out of airplanes and helicopters etc. In a moving airplane you need to lead them from behind ya know?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom