Beef Spare Ribs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've got some beef ribs on right now......sprinkled powered chipolte, garlic salt, black pepper and a mystery rub sitting nearby on them. Smoking with mesquite between 200 -220*. Been on for 3.5 hrs and have a ways to go yet. Will post outcome.

Best beef ribs I ever ate in my life was slow medium direct cooked over Kingsford charcoal briquettes after having been profusely doused with Gulf Lite..and after having been sprinkled generously with salt..black peppa..and Accent (MSG). Meat side down the entire time of course. Aint sure of the times or temps cuz I wasnt doing the cooking. Figgering on how many beers it take afore was ready once they started cooking..I think it was about 4 hrs. They cooked this out behind the neighborhood beer joint one day a week down at Corpus. (Sorry to all them who has heard this story before:)

bigwheel

Just finished eating the beef ribs. They were in the pit for 7 hrs @ 195 to 230*. wrapped and put in cooler for 1.5 hrs before eating. Meat was tender and moist. It took 7 hrs for the ET probe to read 197*.
The down side was having to pick around the fat layers for the meat. I think I'll try some other beef cuts before doing ribs again.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom