Beef Roast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WalterSC

Head Chef
Ok yall I am in need of help , I bought a 7 lb beef roast from Sam`s 15.99 , lucky huh ?? Well I want to put that on my smoker at do it for Sunday dinner anybody got a good reciepe for it , I have never done it before and I will include pics of each step ??

Roast

Walter Man,
If it is a Beef Chuck Roast, do it just like you would a Butt. I do them ALL the time. I would rather have pulled beef than pulled pork. Yummy!!!!!
Smoke On!!!!
ed

If it’s a top round cook at 275* figure about 15min a pound. I went the route of a little Wor, salt, pepper and garlic, and onion powder.

WalterSC said:
ScottyDaQ said:
What kind of roast ? like...the cut.

Its a chuck cut!!

Walter you're gonna love it!! Cook in the smoke until it's in the 160-165 range and then foil. Continue to cook until internal temp is between 200-205, then let it rest for at least 2 hours before pulling. The texture of chuck is a bit stringy so you may have to cut some of the strands into smaller pieces.

Larry Wolfe said:
WalterSC said:
ScottyDaQ said:
What kind of roast ? like...the cut.

Its a chuck cut!!

Walter you're gonna love it!! Cook in the smoke until it's in the 160-165 range and then foil. Continue to cook until internal temp is between 200-205, then let it rest for at least 2 hours before pulling. The texture of chuck is a bit stringy so you may have to cut some of the strands into smaller pieces.

Kool thanks Larry and everyone for all the ideas I am gonna use my prize Wolf rub on it !!

what's the avg size of the chucks most of you smoke ? are you finding them bone in or getting them bone out ? I've had a hankerin for one for a while now.

The last two I got I got from my butcher and they were the best I've had. They were about 8.5 boneless. I've done some smaller and some bigger, but it seems the 8lb range is perfect.

Back
Top Bottom